creative assistance for professional & emerging artists
(all work remains confidential)
creative assistance happens face-to-face @ my
nanoCUBE studio (UK) or online via ZOOM (UK and internationally)
please contact me if you are interested
I act as
a mentor and creative catalyst - together
- explore the artist's creative journey
- focus on
the artist's ideas
- look at the
material for imagery
- suggest areas of research for the artist
- consider the
artist's technical artmaking
skills and offer practical advice
- encourage the
artist to find ways to integrate their ideas and their tangible
artworks to create a resolved body of work
- investigate creative pathways moving forwards.
Between 2008 and 2012
I was a part-time lecturer in the Visual Arts Department at the University of
South Africa (Unisa).
- working with the
- encouraging their
research skills and critical thinking
- coaching them in
terms of integrating their ideas and their making processes.
But I became
passionate about discovering the ‘why’ behind an artist’s making and thinking
processes, so in 2013 I
established outoftheCUBE - an online exhibiting platform to showcase the work of South
African mid-career artists. This was one of the first of its kind in South Africa at that time.
- approach an artist to set up an 'outofthecube' relationship to explore their creative processes
- interview them and others in the artworld
- document their work
- research and write their creative story for the website
- curate online and 'real life' exhibitions to include their artworks.
- outoftheCUBE has participated in 6 art fairs to promote their artists.